SGAR, Le Secrétariat général pour les affaires régionales (In English: The Secretariat - General for Regional Business) assists the Regional Prefect in their missions and performs the following functions :
- They coordinate the action of regional state services and ensure their consistency with the departmental services ;
- They ensure the consistent implementation of National and European Community policies at the regional level and implement some of them; They can also implement certain national or European policies which come under the interregional level when the Regional Prefect is appointed as a coordinator. Therefore, they prepare state strategies for planning, economic and social development. They are responsible for regional planning policy and manage the FNADT (In French: Fonds National de Développement et d'Aménagement du Territoire/ in English: National Fund of Territory Development and Planning) and the PAT. At the interregional level, they advise the Prefect Coordinator of the Loire-Brittany Basin on water policy issues, in connection with the Center-Val de Loire DREAL, Basin DREAL, and pilot the Loire Grandeur Nature Plan ;
- They lead the action of regional state services in the fields of studies, assessment and use of information and communication technologies ;
- They coordinate the implementation of State information and communication actions related to public policies in the region, in relation to the Government Information Service ;
- They direct and coordinate the organization and implementation of the joint functions of State services in the regions ;
- They organize and run an interdepartmental support platform for human resources management.
- They organize and run a regional platform of the government Procurement.