Download the Project Presentation and Testimonials
Download the PDF Usecase for Coter (05/05/2021)
What were the requirements to be solved ?
Main existing tools for document management : File Servers, Microsoft SharePoint (for a specific part of documents), other business applications, email exchanges and attachments.
The key areas for improvement in collaborative document management come from the following aspects:
- A number of files scattered between PC, email and various folders, creating duplicates,
- Too many emails and too many attachments,
- Wasted time searching for working documents, and in some cases version errors,
- Too much or not enough access to the necessary information (lack of cross-functionality),
- Difficulty in accessing documents and information remotely (travel / telecommuting),
- Difficulty in following processes and tasks via mail without a clear framework or automatic reminders, generating a risk of forgetting or non-compliance with business processes by mistake,
- Difficulty in following added / modified content and associated exchanges and therefore to collaborate effectively.
Project scope, by phases
The Project management : PISIUN – Innovation centre, Information Systems and Digital Uses.
Phase 1 POC of the GoFAST solution (6 months and more than 60 employees) : This project constitutes the 1st phase, aiming to test the GoFAST solution as a collaborative and cross-functional DMS. The scope is limited to PISIUN and certain employees of the Directions associated with cross-functional projects.
Phase 2 Deployment to the entire Haute-Savoie DC (2-year objective: 2,000 to 3,000 users) : With the success of the POC, the Department decided to deploy the GoFAST Collaborative DMS platform to all civil servants and some of their partners.
Technical scope : Dedicated platform, hosted OnPremise (on the Department's infrastructure) with maintenance and all updates carried out remotely, in remote administration by CEO-Vision SAS.
- POC : Start date 08/29/2019 - End date 03/31/2019
- Deployment by phase (Directions / Businesses), over 2 years : from September 2020
6-month POC objectives
- to become familiar with the solution and confirm the potential of GoFAST Digital Workplace,
- to study / validate the business needs and processes (workflows) to be prioritized,
- to train pilot users and identify "referents" (to promote good practices),
- thanks to GoFAST, to promote the collaborative work of pilot users,
- to analyze the challenges and propose relevant solutions (for the POC and beyond),
- to specify file recovery (a partial recovery of the file server was performed at the end of the POC).
Overall objectives of post-POC deployment
- To centralize, secure and be able to manage all types of files, involving:
- The recovery of file servers (first server already taken over: PISIUN project documentation),
- The outgoing migration of Microsoft SharePoint and coupling with business applications (part of the "business" documents, in partnership with Territoires Conseil for their specialized business solution of Local Authorities),
- To facilitate (co) production and documentary processing,
- To organize collaborative spaces and document sharing with easy access management,
- To optimize business processes (workflow), internal to Directions and cross-functional,
- To reduce the risk of error and loss of time (duplicates, obsolete versions, omissions, etc.),
- To remove email attachments and reduce the number of emails,
- Telecommuting with access to content and their co-editing, tasks, instant conversations and web conferences from / to the outside via a simple and secure web connection.
First Feedback : after a 6-month POC
The 1st phase of the project: the 6-month POC ended with the recovery of the file server dedicated to PISIUN cross-functional projects and therefore, the launch of the platform. In order to perform an optimal recovery of the documentary base, PISIUN has set up support for the analysis and sorting of documents. Once this step was completed, over 220k files were migrated to the GoFAST platform.
The POC also allowed testing the workflow engine with the digitalization of the process of service reports processing, administration notes: creation from model, office co-editing, version management, verification step, validation, publication in PDF with cross-functional sharing.
About 35% of GoFAST's features have not been tested. Of the tested features (65%), nearly 90% were judged to be "fully or partially assured". In cases where appropriate, areas for improvement have been identified and an action plan is being launched for the gradual deployment of GoFAST to the Directions of the Department, from September 2020.
Balance sheet : a 6-month POC figures
- 69 active users at the end of POC (50 initially planned) and 105 at the end of summer 2020
- Number of documents stored on the platform:> 220k
- 44 "Organizations" (Departments, Services, etc.) and "Groups" spaces (cross-functional projects, knowledge bases, etc.)
- 4 "Extranet" spaces (work with partners)
With 34 departmental councillors, nearly 3,000 civil servants working in 80 different areas, the Department of Haute-Savoie is responsible for social action, regional development and sustainable development, culture and education, transport and roads, at the service of all their inhabitants.